Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 4600n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I already tried this http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-LaserJet-4600-cartridges-stuck-on-left-hand-side/t... and was able to remove every cartridge, but the yellow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to get the yellow out and what may be causing it to stick? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thats pointing towards the developing disengaging rod / disengaging drive being worn out. The left side of the machine contains all the mechanisms that control that. You really need a copy of the service manula to make sure everything is installed correctly I've had to replace a few of the rods, it's doable. Here are some pics that show what the arm should look like up, the flapper that raises and lower the developer covers, and a couple shots of what the mechanism should look like with the transfer belt holder in the down position. You can move the transfer belt holder up and down to see the the developer cover flaps are moving (you can also move them with your finger and all 4 should raise and lower) I just happen to have one of these on my workbench right now.

armup1.png

armflap1.png

armdown1.png

armdown2.png

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

due to the age of the machine, your probably getting some wear on all the assemblies on the left side. Best guess would be the developing disengaging rod / disengaging drive are worn, out of time.

Also the little metal clip that holds the cartridge in place on the left side could be somehow deformed or popped loose. reference the pics below, you may need to gently try to manipulate this arm or roating the white drive gears of one of the removed cartridges.

yellowinA.png

yellowoutB.png

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

The Transfer belt needed some maneuvering and I was finally able to release the yellow. I replaced the alienation bars and now when I close the covers, the shutters do not open on the cartridges and blank pages are printing.

HP Recommended

thats pointing towards the developing disengaging rod / disengaging drive being worn out. The left side of the machine contains all the mechanisms that control that. You really need a copy of the service manula to make sure everything is installed correctly I've had to replace a few of the rods, it's doable. Here are some pics that show what the arm should look like up, the flapper that raises and lower the developer covers, and a couple shots of what the mechanism should look like with the transfer belt holder in the down position. You can move the transfer belt holder up and down to see the the developer cover flaps are moving (you can also move them with your finger and all 4 should raise and lower) I just happen to have one of these on my workbench right now.

armup1.png

armflap1.png

armdown1.png

armdown2.png

HP Recommended

I do have access to a service manual. I'm not seeing your images. Can you try posting them again? Thank you.

HP Recommended

it takes a few for the forums moderators to approve the images. I'll PM you a link where you can find the service manual- pay close attention to page 204.

HP Recommended
Try opening up the printer removing all the cartridges, then closing the transfer belt with the cartridges out then open the transfer belt and reinstall the cartridges and put it all back together and test it.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

The pictures were a huge help! The flapper that raises and lower the developer covers was out of sync. I rotated the gear until they were in the proper position. The shutters now open and close and there are no more blank pages.

Thank you for your help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.