Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

This has been done to death elsewhere, but I haven't found a solution that works.

I am close to returning this product, but thought I would have one last try here.

I have a brand new HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw. It works great. Apart from one thing, when the printer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get it to wake up again and accept print jobs. Sometimes going to the printer and pressing the touchscreen or turning it off and on again works, but if I just send it a print job whilst it is in sleep mode, it never prints.

Printer is connected via wifi only, no other connection method.

Printer is assigned a static IP address of 192.168.1.105

DHCP is turned off in the printer

IPV6 is turned off in the printer.

Router IP address is 192.168.1.1

DHCP is enabled in the router with a starting address of 192.168.1.150 and an ending address of 192.168.1.199

Primary and secondary DNS of 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4 assigned in the printer.

I have updated the firmware inside the printer to the latest version, as well as the Windows 10 drivers.

I have tried resetting everything, and turning everything (including the printer itself, the router, and all other PC's, laptops, tablets, phones etc.....) off and on again, but no joy.

Can somebody help please?

thanks and regards

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ran the HP print and scan doctor software, and this updated the printers firmware to datecode 20160606.

So far, this *seems* to have fixed the waking from sleep issue. Fingers crossed!

Case closed.

thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for visitng HP Forum,

Here are my suggestions

On Printer control panel  Go to Setup menu -> system setup-> Go to Energy Settings
- Sleep/Auto off - After 15 min
- Shut down After- 8 hours
-Delay shut down - Choose "Delay when ports are active"

On EWS page go to  EcoSMART Console: Change the default times for entering Sleep mode or Auto Power Down mode. Configure which events cause the printer to wake.

Look for Wake Event , Make sure you click check mark on all events (USB Job, LAN Job, Wireless Job, Control Panel, Fax Ring)
Try printing and check

Hope this helps you !

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++ and Mark my post as accepted solution.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Hu muj851

Thank you for the quick reply.

I changed the settings on the printer control panel as advised, I will let you know if that works.

But on the embedded web server, I could not see anywhere the EcoSmart console? It seems it is missing from the EWS that I have (or it is hidden somewhere?). Can you help with this please?

regards

Nick

HP Recommended

I ran the HP print and scan doctor software, and this updated the printers firmware to datecode 20160606.

So far, this *seems* to have fixed the waking from sleep issue. Fingers crossed!

Case closed.

thanks

Nick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.