Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Color LaserJet Pro M477 fdw and the cartridge fan will not stop spinning at all. For example the printer would be in sleep mode, and i will send a 1 page containing 1 word only printed and it will be printed as it should. While printing both psu and cartridge fans spins and will spin maybe 10sec after the page is out. Then both fans will stop for 2 seconds and the cartridge fan will start spinning and will not stop until printer is turned off or it goes to sleep mode. I did updated the FW of the printer to the latest version date-code 20190712 but the issue persist. Toner cartridges are original HP produced.

I am thinking that maybe DCC will need fw upgrade, but i can not find any relation since i dont receive any 59 errors. Actually there are not any other error besides  low supply and paperjam from few months back.

If someone has an idea please share.

Here is the latest event log code:

10.7003 5294 Printing with Yellow Cartridge past very low.
10.7001 5294 Printing with Cyan Cartridge past very low.
10.7002 5294 Printing with Magenta Cartridge past very low.
31.1302 5210 Document Feeder Jam
31.1302 5148 Document Feeder Jam
31.1302 5121 Document Feeder Jam

Current page count:

Total Impressions: 5365

Monochrome Impressions: 848

Color Impressions: 4517

Total Equivalent Impressions (A4/Letter): 5351.7

Monochrome Equivalent Impressions (A4/Letter): 848.0

Color Equivalent Impressions (A4/Letter): 4503.7

Duplex Sheets: 372

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The fans rotate in different speeds, PS fan has 3 speeds, cartridge fan has 2 speeds. During print process fans run in higher speed, while in standby fans should rotate in low-speed, they are not OFF until printer goes to sleep or printer is turned OFF.

During printers standby fans can get OFF and then back ON from time to time, it's normal.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The fans rotate in different speeds, PS fan has 3 speeds, cartridge fan has 2 speeds. During print process fans run in higher speed, while in standby fans should rotate in low-speed, they are not OFF until printer goes to sleep or printer is turned OFF.

During printers standby fans can get OFF and then back ON from time to time, it's normal.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

What firmware revision does your DC controller show. If it is not 15101 then I suggest that you install the DC controller update regardless of whether you have the 59 error or not. Updating the DC controller should not cause any adverse affects.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@Valsimot

This is not correct, since this is not the case in few other printers of the same exact printer model which i've seen.

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper Hello

I beleive this is the DCC version: I can not fiend anywere stating DCC contorler fw but i think its this one;

Controller Number: 13300

Do you know where i can get the update file?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.