08-11-2011 09:01 PM
I would like to print on my computer with just grayscale(no color) but my printer won't let me because I am out of the colored inks. Is there a way to set the printer up so that it will ignore the colors and only focus on the black ink?
08-11-2011 10:04 PM - edited 08-11-2011 10:14 PM
This is my problem as well. It really makes no sense when I set it to print from black cartridge only and the printer refuses because a color cartridge is low.
This needs a fix pronto.
08-11-2011 10:29 PM
What printer exactly? I have a CLJ2600N that in the setup has an option to essentially ignore missing empty toner..
On mine it's located:
System Setup -> Print quality -> replace supplies -> override (enabled)
08-13-2011 06:52 PM
Mine doesn't either. Am I losing it, or was this problem nonexistent at one time? I don't remember ever running into this before. Now I am in the middle of an important print job, and I can't finish because there won't be an office supplies store open in my area for two days. I have plenty of black ink, and the item to be printed is in B&W. But because I don't have a color cartridge with enough ink in it to tell my printer to settle down and behave, I can't even print a B&W document.
I agree - this needs to be fixed.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation