Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn

So, my pc operates on Win7-64bit.  I use Remote Desktop Connection to log in to the company server, running on MS Server 2008.  I purchased the HP MFP M127fn today after confirming that it is compatible with both OS listed above.  I  successfully installed it directly to the server via usb cord - to make sure the correct drivers downloaded to the server.  I was able to test-print and print from an app while physically connected to the server.  I then disconnected the printer from the server and successfully connected it to my local pc.  I can test-print and print from an app on my desktop.  When connect to the server via RDC, it recognizes the MFP M127fn as my default printer, and sends a print job to my local pc.  I can see the job in the server print queue, I can see the print job in queue on my desktop....it spools, then says it prints, however no actual print job ever materializes.

If I select to print to the MFP M127fn fax from the server, it will open the fax window on my desktop, allow me to enter a phone number, and will dial out and send the fax.  So, that driver is functioning properly.

So, my question is this:  If the printer and fax claim to be successfully installed, why do I not get the print job that is sent via the server and appears in my local print queue?  I get no error, either on the server side or the local desktop.  They both truly think the job has printed.....but no paper ever comes out.   

Our company has used several other HP printers over the years with this same set-up and have never had a problem until now.  The last one was also an HP MFP - the CM1312.  So, I am now completely stumped by this.  I called HP support and was routed through 4 different areas before I was told that no one had a clue what the problem might be.  I then called the Easy-Tech desk at Staples, where I bought the printer, and was told that it was most-likely a hardware issue and I should return the printer to swap it out for another one.  If nothing would print at all, I would agree it's hardware.  But, as I can print locally, I'm more-inclined to think it's driver-related......any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The M127fn uses the PCLmS printing language which is a lightweight printing language, a such is not supported for RDP printing.

As a reference you may find the following socument about Citrix, Terminal Services and RDP Printing, as you may find listed the M127 is not supported for a such:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4aa0-8465enw&404m=secure-erc

That is clearly not an harware issue, however I suggest returning the printer and replacing it with a different model which better feet such a task.

The M225dn as an example uses a PCL 6 print driver and should provide a better feet for RDP printing using HP UPD.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I havea similar situation. Server running windows 7 and a remote machine running windows 8. I just chaged out my old 12 series mfp for a mfp127fw and cannot get it to print remotely. I have another remote setup with a mac that works just fine with the mfp127 but the windows site is a no go. Did the previous person get theres to work?

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I fixed it for by using the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows 64 bit.

Installed on both client and server

Server: Windows 2008 R2

Client: Windows 7 64 bit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.