Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My Laserjet Pro M127fw prints an error report any time the incoming phone line becomes active.  It is a line intended only for FAX use and there is never an intent to use for it for talk.  Since any call could only be either a robo call or a solicitation, a "No FAX detected" printed report is UNnnecessary.  I would like to stop the printing of that error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @furstm ,

I see that you are having issues with the printer setup on a dedicated line and the printer prints out a "No FAX detected" printed report when possibly a robo call or a solicitation comes through. I would like to help you out today.

Select Never for printing the Fax Report Errors.

Select the Fax Menu Icon on the printer's display.
Select Fax Reports.
Select Fax Error Report.
Select Never.

This should resolve the issue.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @furstm ,

I see that you are having issues with the printer setup on a dedicated line and the printer prints out a "No FAX detected" printed report when possibly a robo call or a solicitation comes through. I would like to help you out today.

Select Never for printing the Fax Report Errors.

Select the Fax Menu Icon on the printer's display.
Select Fax Reports.
Select Fax Error Report.
Select Never.

This should resolve the issue.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you.  The solution seemed so easy, I'm sure I simply looked through it.  Someone earlier suggested there was no solution.

Again, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi dears,  

I'm having the same issue with MFP M 127FN and I tried to find the menus and the steps you shared and failed,

Appreciate if you can help Thank you ''Fax Error Repport''  '' No Error Received''

HP Recommended

@Ahmed_M_Hassan

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Laserjet Pro M127fw printer. I understand that it is printing fax error message and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Run a fax test.

Go to setup, self diagnostics menu, run fax test.

You should get all passes.

Private Receive:

Go to setup, fax setup menu, advanced setup, Private Receive, turn it off.

Turn off the Error Correction:

Go to setup, fax setup, all faxes, error correction and turn it off.

Change the speed to medium:

Go to setup, fax setup, all faxes, fax speed and change it to medium.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.