Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P2035
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've attached the window that pops up every time we try to print from our internal order system. The report that we are trying to print is a Letter size report. Other printers print this just fine. The printer is set up for all trays to be Letter with plain paper, and the tray walls are all set to Letter with Letter paper loaded. It will print a blank page, pop this message up, then I have to hit the Go button for it to continue printing. I have used the drivers off the CD that came with the printer, drivers from HP website, stock firmware, and newer firmware from HP website. The OS is Win 7, 32bit with USB connection. I have even tried paper size to Any for all trays. I have tried just about every combination of sizes and trays. Any suggestions?

P2035.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is not what you set in the driver but what is set at the printer. In other words you have a tray installed in the printer and the printer at some time was told either thru the web interface if the printer is network model or using the toolbox software if usb what size and type of paper is contained in the tray. The printer does not automatically sense if the paper size has been changed so you have to use one of the tools above to tell the printer it has letter, plain paper in tray 2. Press the go button down for 5 seconds and then release and the printer will print a config page. See what is says is the size and type of paper in the tray.

HP Recommended

It is just the USB model, there is no NIC on it (I probably should have said that, sorry). When I print a diagnostics page, it says "Default Paper Size: Letter, Manual Feed Tray Size: Any, Tray 1 Size: Any, Tray 2 Size: Any" 

HP Recommended

Actually after re-reading your initial post you are having other issues. The fact that is prints a blank page and then gives you the message tells me there is something wrong with the document being sent or the driver has issues. Suggest you change the driver to the HP 2200 pcl5 driver and see if that makes a difference. You may also want to have tray 2 empty and load letter paper on tray 1 and see if you still get the blank page and then the message.

HP Recommended

Alright, I will give that a shot. Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.