Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M426f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a number of these 3 in 1 printers and have had very good luck with them, but in the last week I have one that the touch screen has gone white so you have no way of running it. It still prints from the computer and can be controlled by the computer but not the touch screen. I believe this one maybe less than a year old. Thanks Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jerry,

Looks like the touchscreen has gone faulty.  However you stated that the printer may be less than a year old.  Hopefully the Printer still has the warranty. I strongly suggest you calling the Hp helpline ASAP.  We can try our best to find a fix for this.

HP  Call: 

1 800 474 6836

Regards

Arick

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Jerry,

Looks like the touchscreen has gone faulty.  However you stated that the printer may be less than a year old.  Hopefully the Printer still has the warranty. I strongly suggest you calling the Hp helpline ASAP.  We can try our best to find a fix for this.

HP  Call: 

1 800 474 6836

Regards

Arick

HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

1.Make sure that you remove any protective film or promotional stickers (-Some products ship with protective film or promotional stickers on the control panel display)
2.Check the viewing angle and adjust accordingly (-Sometimes the viewing angle, or how you are looking at the control panel, can make the control panel display seem blank, black, or blurry. Look directly at the control panel display. Do not look at the control panel display from the side, the top, or the bottom.)
3.Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product and check the for any physical damage. If the power cord is damaged, replace it
4.Make sure to plug the product directly into a wall outlet
5.Turn the product on and check.
6.Turn off the power by using the power switch, and then wait at least 30 seconds, than re-plug the power cord.
7.Make sure the product is not exposed to an electric or magnetic field.

8. Check and update the latest firmware.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumbs Up icon in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

@Jerry911 wrote:

I have a number of these 3 in 1 printers and have had very good luck with them, but in the last week I have one that the touch screen has gone white so you have no way of running it. It still prints from the computer and can be controlled by the computer but not the touch screen. I believe this one maybe less than a year old. Thanks Jerry

with your discription, it might be a HW issue,  please call HP support for further help, if it i within one year, the printer should be still within warranty. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.