Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1102w printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I installed a new router (Netgear R6220)  and can't figure out how to get the P1102w printer to recognize the new router. It shows the old router name (Belkin.833) on the test page and shows the IP configured by AutoIP instead of DHCP like the old router did. Computer is a Dell Dimenstion desktop that is about 3 yrs. old and uses Windows 7. The router does connect the computer to the Internet.

Help - how do I get the printer to recognize and communicate with the new router? (The original installation instructions don't seem to work for me.)

I did do a firmware update a few months ago and the currtent datecode is 20130703. That made it possible to print from my Samsung S2 tablet through the router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's what finally worked.

1. Had to pull out old Install CD but selected Uninstall so I got it completely off the computer. Guy at Best Buy said to "remove device" but that wasn't sufficient.

2. Downloaded latest Install software from HP downloads site and ran it. (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v...)

3. Downloaded another file and ran it. (Setup_IP4[192_168_1_5]_H[NPI073E2D]) Not sure where I found this one but the software prompted me to run it.

Finally, everything works and all devices are printing wirelessly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not sure but I think you will need to connect the printer with a usb cable to the computer, run the setup program again which should give you the option to attach to the wireless router by entering the correct information.

HP Recommended

Here's what finally worked.

1. Had to pull out old Install CD but selected Uninstall so I got it completely off the computer. Guy at Best Buy said to "remove device" but that wasn't sufficient.

2. Downloaded latest Install software from HP downloads site and ran it. (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v...)

3. Downloaded another file and ran it. (Setup_IP4[192_168_1_5]_H[NPI073E2D]) Not sure where I found this one but the software prompted me to run it.

Finally, everything works and all devices are printing wirelessly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.