Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro P1606dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem getting my printer on a new network that doesn't like the current IP address. How do I reset it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
  1. Turn the product off.
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold both control-panel buttons at the same time until all the lights blink in unison.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Power on and plug in network cable wait for about i minute then conutinuing press the green button until the light lits then release it will print configuration page and the IP address is on there. If it is 192.168.1.15 for example.

Open google crome browse and keyin 192.168.1.15 in the web-address, then you are inside P1606's in there you can change to any IP address as you like.

HP Recommended
The problem is that it wont respond to the router. Your suggestion did allow me to confirm that I have the right existing IP. Thank you for that. The printer is not 'broken' I can print via the USB, but that isn't of value as a network printer. I can also print via the etherent cable from my iPhone, which makes me believe the ethernet port is working.
HP Recommended
To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
  1. Turn the product off.
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold both control-panel buttons at the same time until all the lights blink in unison.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.