Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Do you have another computer you can connect the usb cable to see if that computer see the printer. Also does your printer have a network port and if it does is the printer close enough to your router or switch where you can connect the printer to the switch or router and try to connect the printer using ethernet instead of usb.

HP Recommended

no the printer does not have ethernet port. And yes we have another computer, except it is in the other room upstairs. Can we do wireless?

HP Recommended

This printer does not offer wireless features.

Something with the new USB plug and play features in windows 10 is not working with the printer. You may try to manually update windows again, just in case something went wrong with your initial update.

You can check the windows 10 updates again by just typing in Windows Update in the search window on your task bar- Or left click on your Windows Start Menu, Look for the little gear (settings), and choose Update and security, then look for the "check for updates" option in the top right of that window.

Maybe the USB drivers on your computer need to be manually updated, which you have to do through the device manager. These settings can alter how your PC will work with other devices, so be careful if you try and update the USB device drivers.

You can always call for a computer or printer tech to assist, but be sure to ask for prices before any work is done. I would probably make one more attempt at reinstalling the printer before I did that.

1.) Check for windows update after any additional updates are installed reboot and proceed 2.) From the Devices and printerfolder- find the printer and right click on the icon and choose "remove device" 3.) Turn off your PC 4.) unplug the USB cable from both the printer and PC. 5.) turn on the computer and let it boot al lthe way up. 6.) Open your printer and devices folder, so you can see if any activity occurs when you plug the USB cable into the PC and then into the printer.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

If you still can not get the printer to work with usb, this printer has 2 EIO slots and you can use one of those slots to insert an EIO network card (610N, 615N and 620N) which are not that expensive on ebay. Once you install the network card you will be able to attach the printer to your router or switch if you have one and then have computers attach to the printer using tcp/ip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-JetDirect-610n-EIO-10-100TX-Ethernet-Print-Server-J4169A-/311722173327?ha...

HP Recommended

I tried everything you mentioned except nothing work  Thank you for your help I will try the EIO.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hope this would work

Thanks

HP Recommended

I install the JetDirect-610n-EIO on my HP 4250 and how to config the EIO2

HP Recommended

I followed the you tube regarding my 4250 Laser jet installing using HP Jet direct 610 EIO but it is still not working can you tell me what I did wrong?

HP Recommended

we will need some additional information. With the printer turned on, and the network cable plugged in:

1.) Do you see the lights on the jet direct card blinking, indicating that it is working and there is network activity? I believe their should be one green light that stays illuminated contantly, and there should be a seconbd light that blinks randomly indicating the card sees network activity.

2.) From the printer control panel, print a configuration page - administration/reports/configuration page. Does that report show the jet direct card installed and list and active network information and IP address?

4.) From a web browser, you should be able to enter the IP address of the Jet Direct card. If the card is installed and working correctly, this should open the web interface for the printer.

3.) The print driver on your computer will need to be set up with a TCP/IP network port to match the IP address on the configuration page.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

1. There is 1 green lights on

2. the jet direct card that say EIO2-Jetdirect installed and these are theProtocal Information

Host Name**************** NPI553AC5

IP Address*************** 192.0.0.192

Subnet Mask ************ 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway ****** 192.0.0.192

Config BY *************** Default IP.

Also I have 2 other printer this is the only one that cannot connect since after I upgrade to win 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.