Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet M750
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It is imposible to select A4 paper size in tray 2. There is the "i" information icon next to A4 paper size and it shows following message "the size is currently unavailable the guide positions do not match the size".

Also when I tried to put custom paper size so it did not cooperate with it.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

So what paper size does a Configuration Report (initiated from the printer front panel) claim is in that tray?

HP Recommended

Despite there is inserted pack of A4 paper size in tray 2 and both levers are adjusted so configuration page report claims A3 paper size.

HP Recommended

This implies either that the paper guides are not quite set correctly, or there is some hardware fault with the levers and sensors (not something I can personally advise on, sorry).

Perhaps @SHThompson or @davidzuts can provide some pertinent advice?

HP Recommended

Since this is a wide format printer I have seen this issue when regular paper is placed in the tray with the leading edge being the smaller edge.  In other words place the paper in the tray so the longer edge is the leading edge.  You can have paper selected as A4-R or A-4.  The A4-R is rotated where the leading edge is the smaller size.  The printer should realize the difference, however, sometimes the switches on the tray itself do not move to the correct position so the printer does not read the tray size correctly.  If you already have the leading edge as the long edge (11.69 inches), then I suggest you remove all paper from tray 2 and set the side and backstops to A3 size and push the empty tray back into the printer.  The menu should now tell you to load A3 paper.  Now open the tray, move the switches back to A4 positon, load paper in the tray and close the tray.  The menu should now say A4 paper is loaded and give you the choice to change the size.  Do nothing and wait for the message to go away and all should be good.  If it still says A3 then you have an issue with the paper tray switches or the sensors that read the switch settings and you will need to call hp customer care to get service on the printer.

HP Recommended

Guys, thanks a lot for help. Finally I downloaded Service Manual and checked all sensors (on printer display go to Administration\Troubleshooting\Diagnoistic Tests\Tray/Bin Manual Sensor Tests).

It showed Tray2/SW7 and Tray3/SR3 as faulty.

HP Recommended
Two bad sensors in an HP printer is highly unusual.

You have said you are running the sensor test but what are you doing to verify that the sensors change state when activated?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.