Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P2015dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I am having stability issues with my printer connect, this is a new set up I tried as the printer is now a little further away so I switched to an ethernet cable, 5 metes.  This is going direct and not via any router from the laptop to the printer. 

The printer has a fixed IP. I was able on the first day to set it up and print via the ethernet cable.

Happy days! I'm an IT genius..so I thought 😞 

When I restarted my computer the next day it was not able to find the printer.  The printer formerly was on a wider company network and now is standalone. 

I have run HP Scan and Print doctor and naturally, it cannot see it as the ethernet connection is gone.  

I attach a printout of the Network Configuration that the printer gave me. 

Printer config.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As an eXtra piece of information 

If I go to add Printer and add via TC/IP .. put in the host name it adds the printer again and I can Print again.  how can I get it to remember this connection?

If i disconnect the Ethernet Cable or power off the laptop it looses the printer again and I have to add it again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.