Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a new computer that is runnins win8.1 and Word 2013.

I installed my Laserjet P1006 and in seemed to work correctly until I tried to print labels and envelopes.

With either of these it will not mrecognise the manual feed tray. With labels I have to put the label sheet on top of the paper in the paper tray, and with envelopes it tells me to insert the envelope and press "go" to print. At this point nothing happens until several seconds later it again tells me to insert an envelope and press "go". I don't know how many times it will do this as I turn off the printer at this point.

The envelope shows in the que and cannot be deleted!

I have tried everything I can find in this blog and so far nothing works.

Appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer is on the following list:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03168175

Please use the instructions (in there) to install drivers properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer is on the following list:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03168175

Please use the instructions (in there) to install drivers properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm in better shape than I was.

I can now print from the manual feed tray, except I don't get the warning to load paper or envelopes that I got before.

Thanks for your help. I was abpout to junk the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.