06-04-2009 06:36 AM
I have a laserjet 4345 mfp which, until a few days ago, was able to scan documents to a network folder. When I try now it gives me the error "the path cannot be found". Here's what I've tried so far:
- Looked for a way to change the network folder settings or define a new folder. I couldn't find any so I printed the "how to scan to folder" page from the control panel. It tells me to define a new location by clicking the "Other" button on the control panel, but I can't find an Other button, on any screen.
- Accessed the web interface, which only shows up with the "Home" and "Networking" tabs - no "Digital Sending", "Settings", or "Information" tabs, which should be there according to the manual.
- Thinking it might be a permissions issue, I checked and found that the administrator password was not set. I set the admin password via the web interface, and now when I try to access it prompts for the password I defined, but still gives this incomplete interface. I am also able to access and change all the networking settings, so I don't think insufficient permissions are the issue.
- Called HP support, they said the problem is permissions and I should cold reset the machine, which I am quite reluctant to do since not only all settings, but the entire address book as well, would need to be re-entered. This aside from the fact that I really don't think permissions are the issue, as decribed above.
- Verified that I am able to send scans to different email addresses. SMTP gateway test goes through OK. LDAP does not, but this has not prevented scan to folder from working in the past.
I don't know how the scan-to folder was initially set up because I wasn't supporting this client at the time.
Many thanks in advance.
09-21-2011 01:41 PM
I have a problem with my scan to folder as well and I have to access the folder from a computer before it will work. I'm not sure why that works, actually. You might want to give that a try to see if it fixes the problem. If it does, I imagine it is some sort of security problem with the folder you are trying to scan to.
I am an HP employee!