Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
after a paper jam(1), seem the printer is unable to recognize the presence of paper into the tray.

Every test of print something was finished without nothing printed and the message:
"Insert the sheets of paper"
(see the photo below, yes is in italian....)

Someone have an idea, what can be the problem and what to check to identify it?

N.B.:
(1) to solve the paper jam i have removed all toner cartridges, checked the rear door, and finally the imaging drum where i find the sheet of paper (10x15cm Labels).

Display Warning - Insert Sheets of paper

Sardaukar
My stuff:
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw (need assistance)
HP EliteBook 8560w
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarkaukar,

Good Day! 🙂 Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand that you need assistance with the printer not picking paper after a paper jam error. I will be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display such a degree of technical expertise. You are a valued HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

• Please perform a hard reset on the printer. Steps.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  • Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
  • Make sure the printer is connected to the computer or the network

If this does not work, I will send you a private message for an NVRAM reset of the printer. Please keep checking your private messages.

• Finally, if nothing works, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and type the product# of the unit and follow the on-screen instructions to reach Phone support.
  • This could be a hardware issue with the printer.
  • If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of repair services.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarkaukar,

Good Day! 🙂 Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand that you need assistance with the printer not picking paper after a paper jam error. I will be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display such a degree of technical expertise. You are a valued HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

• Please perform a hard reset on the printer. Steps.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  • Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
  • Make sure the printer is connected to the computer or the network

If this does not work, I will send you a private message for an NVRAM reset of the printer. Please keep checking your private messages.

• Finally, if nothing works, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and type the product# of the unit and follow the on-screen instructions to reach Phone support.
  • This could be a hardware issue with the printer.
  • If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of repair services.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI @DavidSMP,

Thank you for the fast reply and sorry for my late answer.

Now the printer work, and started before I can read your answer; but the 2 only operation that I have done was:
unplug the printer and move it in a more lighted place and recheck if something block the metal plate that lift up the paper to reach the rubber cylinder that load the paper sheet. Moving up and down the metal plate.

I think that i have made involuntarily an hard reset.

For this reason I accept your solution.

Thank you

P.S.: Thank you for the compliments about how i have made the post, but i have nothing more than i request by my users; explain the problem to can try to reproduce and find a solution.

Sardaukar
My stuff:
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw (need assistance)
HP EliteBook 8560w
HP Recommended

HI @Sarkaukar,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. You've done a remarkable job of troubleshooting. Kudos to you fo that. 🙂 It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and shared this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts 

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.