Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

deleted

HP Recommended

Hey all of my fellow HP sufferers!

Kermit1963 was kind enough to document how he solved the problem with his printer, pasted below. However, can anyone help me understand what this means: "unplugging from wall and printer while the power was on. I waited 30 seconds and plugged into wall first and then into printer" Is he referring to unplugging the power cord from the wall and printer? Unplugging power is just unplugging power, whether you unplug from the wall or printer side of the cord, right?

FIX:

I reset printer by unplugging it from wall and printer while the power was on. I waited 30 seconds and plugged into wall first and then into printer. Printer started up.  and printed wirelessly.

I reset the shut down time to 2 hours. In two hours the printer was completly shut down as it was suposed to do! First time it actually shut down fully on its own.   I then turned it on and printing  seems to be working works as it should even after sleeping. I tested it at 4 hours and 8 hours. it fully shut down both times. After powering up, printer works perfectly wirelessly. (remember to check that your wifi is on same network as printer, computer/iphone sometimes switches to '"guest", and it obviously won't print until I reselect correct network).

HP Recommended

I had this same issue -- 

Simply disabling the IP6 protocol on the printer brought it to life.

HP Recommended

I struggled with this for months, and for a long time I would reboot the wireless network and the printer every time I needed to use it. Using a network cable kept the printer working, but I didn't want a cable strung across the house. 

By trial and error, I enabled a setting in my ASUS router called "Optimized for Xbox". We don't have an Xbox, so I had never tried it before. Your router at home might call this something different. A quick Google search tells me that this setting disables a wireless networking feature Low-Density Parity Check, or LDPC.

So far the wireless connection has remained stable for over 12 hours. I know that doesn't sound like much, but to me that's a big win. 

This doesn't mean that HP doesn't need to fix their firmware -- this is another attempt at a workaround for their problem, rather than correcting a problem with our wireless settings. It is frustrating that HP's own technical support doesn't acknowledge or understand this problem with their own product, and instead offers work arounds such as scheduling a wireless router reboot every night. Assigning a static IP address instead of using DHCP won't make a difference if the printer cannot make the wireless connection in the first place. Changing your 5 GHz network to a different name than your 2.4 GHz will not make a difference to your printer because it doesn't have 5 GHz wireless capability. Hopefully this will end up helping someone else use their printer over WiFi.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.