Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjer P1102w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have done all the recommended troubleshooting steps.  My Mac doesn't recognize the wifi printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hpsince1994, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Try updating the printer firmware and MAC OSX to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.
If you are using a wireless router, check your router’s documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer not found on network issues. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hpsince1994

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

I understand your Mac PC is not able recognizing the wireless connected printer and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

The wireless light on the printer is it steady or is it blinking?

What's the make and model of your wireless router?

Approximately how far is the printer and PC from the router?

Have you tried moving the printer and PC closer to the router?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am about to discard the printer.  I have a MAC OS Sierra up to date computer.  The blue light is blinking, the wifi is  Netgear 53 5G only 6 feet from the printer.

HP does not have any driver updates for the printer.  So  I am probably out of luck.

HP Recommended

Hi @hpsince1994, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Try updating the printer firmware and MAC OSX to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.
If you are using a wireless router, check your router’s documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer not found on network issues. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.