11-12-2013 10:06 AM
Again, for the 50th time...
A few weeks ago I purchased an HP laptop and an HP 4630 printer from Best Buy. I went through all the
visual instructions in the printer box to try to set up a wireless connection between my printer and my com-
puter. The computer has several times printed out the allignment process and at one point it did print-
I think last Friday. However, this week there is no response from my attempt to print a sample from my
Microsoft Word program.
I am totally non-techie.
The last set-up visual step #7 seems to indicate necessity to input www.hp.com/ePrint/OJ4630 from (or into/)
both the printer and computer. I think I did that at one point, if I stumbled on the right priocess but as of now
I am so worn out I don't know what next to do.
Please help me connect my computer to my printer with my wireless process.
11-12-2013 01:52 PM
Firstly try the below steps..
- Power OFF the Printer.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then Power it ON
- If the printer prints an Alignment Page, then you may have to place the alignment page face down on the scan glass and then perss OK on the printer display. That should complete the Alignment process. Let me know if there is any error reported.
- If all goes fine, then click here to find info about how to setup the printer on a Wireless network
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation