09-12-2012 11:54 PM
I tried the suggestions that worked for someone with the same OS (Windows 7) and the same HP copier purchased from Costco (HP Officejet 6700. I tried to go into the CD installation files and download the Windows Vista Compatibility mode and it came back with the same error message a couple of times. Does anyone have any suggestions what to try next? Thanks!
09-13-2012 12:19 AM
Why you have to use compatible mode when you can download driver and full feature from the following link ?
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
09-13-2012 08:26 AM
When I download the drivers for (Windows 7 64 bit) online I get the same error message as I do using the CD that the software cannot be installed. When I choose the online help it comes back with no solution. Others have had this problem with the same printer/OS but their solutions have not helped me. I will attempt to get help from HP.
Thanks for your help!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation