07-16-2013 01:03 PM
Sounds like you have skewed the tray when you went to reinstall it. You will need to pull on the tray with a little force, but not to much to damage the printer or the tray to get it removed. Once you have it removed make sure it is on its tracks when you go to reinstall the tray.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation