Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

In my Photosmart B010a Support Menu (accessible via the "arrow", "cross" buttons, and twice "arrow")
there is an "Information" menu. It has 19 points, the first three are acronyms.
Nowhere on the web I can find a plausible explanation.
These terms are:
- NHIO: 0
- IEO: 0
- IRO: 4 (could this mean "internal replenishment order" ... for the 4 cartridges ?)
In addition, I misunderstand the following terms:
- IK lookup: 860
- Gather / Scramble scheme: 0000
Finally, the "Semi-full reset" and "Partial reset" are similar in my opinion as to the result obtained ...
Could you tell me if, indeed, there is a difference?

Thank you very much in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hello.

Can you describe how to get in to service menu with
more details?
HP Recommended

Hello,

Menu accessible via: once the "arrow" button, once the "cross" ("X") button, and twice the "arrow" button again.

The word "Support menu" appears + "O.K." (down/right on the screen). When pressing "O.K.", the firmware version appears.

To navigate into the menus: the 3 right buttons. The upper one (#1) to go down in the basic menu.

The middle one (#2) to go up in the same menu. The button of below (#3) is the "O.K.".

For the various menus: button 1.
For submenus: access by button 3, then use buttons 1 and 2 to navigate respectively up or down in the list.
The button 3 then serves to confirm ( "OK") the execution of a task (display of information or to carry out a test [scan, printer]).

Menus (upper button):

1) Scan diagnostic menu

2) Reports menu

3) Print diagnostic menu

4) System config. menu

5) Resets menu

6) Information menu

Greetings.

louis2

HP Recommended
Hello louis2.

I have HP Photosmart CN255B model: B010a so it is the same model.

When i turn printer on i get error information:
ink system failure 0x0c19a0003

To get service menu at this moment goes like this:

1. Power on and hold button 5 seconds.
2.The display is light and no any characters.
3.to enter menu goes once "left arrow" once "settings" button twice "left arrow.

So if left buttons are 1, 2, 3 from up to bottom to enable service menu goes once 1 once 3 and twice 1 button.

You forgot to write the state of printer when you go to service menu.

Your option which you describe very good not work at the state of my printer.
I must clean head manualy first?

I try to reset but still error code is present.

Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hello Janezek,

As you can read in my last post (sorry for my poor english, I'm french speacking),

It is not to the left of the control panel that I located the buttons # 1 to 3, but on the right side.

And the buttons on the left side (arrow, cross) must be pushed in the order I gave.

The printer state when I go to the menu is just "on".

Follow this link, he'll give you informations about your case, I guess (ink system failure 0x0c19a0003).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

At the beginning, I wrote a post two years ago to get information on menu acronyms. A frequent user of the forum (ex employee of HP) had given me the mode of access. But not the aswers I hope...

In fact I now know the access to the menu and its hierarchical composition but still not the definition of the acronyms that I quote in my very first post. But I see you are less aware than me :smileywink:.

Never mind. I hope that you find a beter teacher than I!

Good luck,

louis2

HP Recommended
Hello.

Please check this video,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHs_4gX6ovs

This option works for service menu at model B010a.

Arrow and cross combination not work.

I clean the head but still error is present.

HP wants to buy new printhead but how to find head number?
There is no head part number just some serial number.
HP Recommended
The printhead must be replaced with new one.
The part number is CN643A.

The price of printhead is unbelievable.

No thanks HP.
I will buy new printer with no HP on printer.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.