Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M252n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is an error being displayed on the printer screen of 59.CO, i have rebooted the printer and the error code keeps coming back can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @techrc, Greetings!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing printer error on your Laserjet M252 printer. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Is the error message "Error 59" or "Error 49"?

I would suggest you to update the printer firmware to resolve this issue. Please follow the below-mentioned steps:

• Make sure the HP printer driver is installed on your computer.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Consumer/Orion_SB/M252_Series_FW_Update-20160331.exe to download and run the firmware update utility.
  • Click the Update button.
  • Select the printer you want to update from the list.
  • Click the Update button in the dialog window. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue with the upgrade.
  • Do NOT power cycle the printer or the PC during this process or the printer may become unstable and/or unusable without further attention from HP. The firmware update can take several minutes to complete. Please be patient.
  • To verify the update, a configuration page can be printed. The configuration page will display the current firmware revision in the product information section.

I will watch for your reply. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @techrc, Greetings!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing printer error on your Laserjet M252 printer. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Is the error message "Error 59" or "Error 49"?

I would suggest you to update the printer firmware to resolve this issue. Please follow the below-mentioned steps:

• Make sure the HP printer driver is installed on your computer.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Consumer/Orion_SB/M252_Series_FW_Update-20160331.exe to download and run the firmware update utility.
  • Click the Update button.
  • Select the printer you want to update from the list.
  • Click the Update button in the dialog window. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue with the upgrade.
  • Do NOT power cycle the printer or the PC during this process or the printer may become unstable and/or unusable without further attention from HP. The firmware update can take several minutes to complete. Please be patient.
  • To verify the update, a configuration page can be printed. The configuration page will display the current firmware revision in the product information section.

I will watch for your reply. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for the response the error is 59, i will give the firmware upgrade a go and let you know the outcome, once again thank you.

HP Recommended

I have upgraded the firmware as instructed and now i have another error and that error is "Supply memory error"

please advise.

HP Recommended

Hello @techrc,

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting.

Supply memory error is normally associated with the ink toner in your printer.

Try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2dv3tmn

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you i will give that a go and probably need to buy some original cartridges.

HP Recommended

OK, i have installed the genuine HP cartridges resarted the printer to initialise and when i tried to print got the 59C error once again, there must be a resolution especially after forking out £264 for cartridges?

Please help me....

HP Recommended

I have a HP OFFICEJET 6600.  I am getting this error message:  There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on, if problem persesits contact HP Error code OX61011BED.

This is what i have done:  checked to see if there was a paper jam, which there was. So i cleared that out.  After that it was fine.  Everything was working.  Then a few days later the error code came up again. So i just pushed ok and it was working. Then the day after that which was yesterday i got the message code again. Then it said all the ink was depleted so i switched out the ink i only had refurbished ink so i replaced that. Then i read on your website that refubused ink cases this message.  So i got all the ink cartidges out and returned them to the store. I bought new HP ink and the message is still coming up. I Did a soft restart of the printer i did a hard restart so many times nothing is working.  I need HELP!!    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.