Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer stuck on initializing. I already reinstalled software and did a hard reboot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It turned out to be a hardware problem with the printer so I got a very good deal on a replacement from HP. They did try everything possible to resolve the issue over the phone and by logging into my computer, but with no luck since it was a hardware issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @RA6789

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is stuck on initializing screen.

I’d love to help! 

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the Mac.

1. Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
  8. Try printing again and note what happens.
    • If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.

If the issue persists I recommend you to update the firmware on the printer. follow the steps in the below article to update the firmware.

http://hp.care/2mQsmBe

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did install new firmware and now I get the following error message on restarting the printer:

50.7 Fuser Error Turn off and then on

I tried several times to restart it and I always get this error message and a hard restart of the printer didn't help either.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @RA6789,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested in the previous post and still having the issue with the printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help to resolve this issue.

The product has experienced an error with the fuser unit. If you are using a surge protector, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Turn the product power on. If you still receive the message follow the steps below.

1. Turn the product power off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the product power on and wait for it to initialize. If you still have the messages continue with next step.

2. Turn off the product, wait at least 25 minutes, and then turn on the product.

For more details, please visit this link.

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, I click on the link you provided, put in my product number and don't see the Still Need Help? link you mentioned.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @RA6789,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have exhausted all the troubleshooting, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. If your product is Out of warranty, please remember to choose the paid option for getting a phone number.

link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It turned out to be a hardware problem with the printer so I got a very good deal on a replacement from HP. They did try everything possible to resolve the issue over the phone and by logging into my computer, but with no luck since it was a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @RA6789,

Thank you for replying,

I'm happy to hear you were able to contact our HP phone support and they tried all possible steps to help you fix the issue, unfortunately it turned out to be a hardware failure. I'm glad to hear you got a new printer. I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time. You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How did you get a phone number to contact HP?

HP Recommended

Hi @Fe3o2Y2H2o,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are getting an error message on your HP printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

What is the operating system installed on the PC? Windows or Mac OS

Have you performed the steps suggested in the previous post?

Before you could contact our HP phone support for available service related options. Could you provide me with the details for further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.