Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet pro 8600
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

When I try to print a page that has yellow highlighted text, the printer prints out the highlighted texts blacked out. I  need to print the text in the highlighted color - not like it is being redacted

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The problem could be that the program in which you created the document "thinks" it is placing the highlight color on top of the text, so it simply does not print the text.  There are two potential solutions to this problem.

1. If you program allows you to adjust the "transerancy" of the highlight, increase the "transparency" to a higher value (more transparent), and see how it works.  You may nee to do this a number of time to make the highlight sufficiently transparent.

2. Some programs will allow you to move text and highlights between the "foreground" and "background". In this case, move the color to the "background, and move the text to the "foreground".  This will cause the text to print on top of the color.

I hope one of these methods works for you.

HP Recommended

Neither of these approaches helped me with this same problem.  I even tried saving the document as a PDF and printing that -- but the yellow highlight was still grayed out.  Help please!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.