Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!!! 

My printer has just started out printing an unwanted page describing the document just printed.  How can I get it to stop doing that extra, unnecessay page?  I've tried everything I know how to do!  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SparksGal - not sure what you are referrring to by "... the answer I found via Google search ...", since you have not posted a link to that answer/solution.

The exact method of setting / unsetting the 'print document properties' option probably depends on  which version of Word is in use; for example, with Word 2013:

Capture.PNG

This does appear to correspond, more-or-less, with your descriptive text of the steps you took.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

if you are printing a Word (or other Office?) document, it's possibly a "Document Properties" page. 

if so, you need to disable the settting (in the Word options).

if not, post a scan of the page being printed (use the btn_Insert_Edit_Image.png button to add a picture to a response), as this may yield clues as to what is producing it.

HP Recommended

Dansdaduk, You were correct.  But I didn't find where the Document Properties pages was located to disable that option in Word 2007, so I tried a Google search tonight.  I found a response from a resource in Queensland, Australia, from several years ago!  He gave a very terse answer that has now worked for me. BTW, he tried MS Office but it didn't help, so he discovered the solution:

Click the "Office Button", top left corner of the window, then "Print".

Click "Options" on the bottom left corner of the print window.

Choose the "Display" section.

Untick the "Print document properties".

Click OK to all the windows and you're done.  Voila!

HP Recommended

Please refer to the answer I found via Google search.

HP Recommended

@SparksGal - not sure what you are referrring to by "... the answer I found via Google search ...", since you have not posted a link to that answer/solution.

The exact method of setting / unsetting the 'print document properties' option probably depends on  which version of Word is in use; for example, with Word 2013:

Capture.PNG

This does appear to correspond, more-or-less, with your descriptive text of the steps you took.

HP Recommended

Again, When I try to print 1 page, sometimes my printer will print 5-10 pages of just 1 line scribble (that I was not

trying to print). Sometimes the lprinter will go ahead and print what I ask for and sometimes I will have to hit print

again. This is wasting my paper and inflating my monthly quota of pages which cost me more money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.