Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The installation  progress is stuck on "New device is now connected" the bar is just refilling!!! HP laserjet M1132 MFP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @HELPMEPLSHSLOL,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are getting the error "New device is now connected"  when trying to install the printer software. I would be happy to help you. 

If you are using Windows and are using a USB connection, please try the steps in this document: HP Laserjet Products - 'Device setup failed to complete' or 'Unknown device' Message Displays in Win... If the printer won't update from the Device Manager in Solution two, right click and uninstall the printer device. It may be listed as Unknown Device, USB Printing Support or Laserjet M1132. Disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable to see if it will continue the installation. If there isn't anything listed for the printer, try another USB port directly on the computer or another USB cable.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

How is the printer connected?

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome @HELPMEPLSHSLOL,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are getting the error "New device is now connected"  when trying to install the printer software. I would be happy to help you. 

If you are using Windows and are using a USB connection, please try the steps in this document: HP Laserjet Products - 'Device setup failed to complete' or 'Unknown device' Message Displays in Win... If the printer won't update from the Device Manager in Solution two, right click and uninstall the printer device. It may be listed as Unknown Device, USB Printing Support or Laserjet M1132. Disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable to see if it will continue the installation. If there isn't anything listed for the printer, try another USB port directly on the computer or another USB cable.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

How is the printer connected?

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ty for respponding but i fix the problem this morning i activate a few services.TY a lot a apriciate!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.