Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

As for me, I solved such network printer issues by using the http://www.foldermill.com/ print processing software installed on a PC in the network. It allows to print everything which is in the sperified folder so that you dont have to setup a network printer

HP Recommended

Sorry not helpful as don't understand most of what you are saying

HP Recommended

Hello, im running windows 7 and i have the offline problem ive tried the hp scan doctor and ive tried changing the ip as that is what i have been told but i still can not get my printer to come online?

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

There has to be a bug in the HP printer firmware.  I have a 7510 and a 7515 printer.  We have several devices that print to those two prninters.  Once the printers go to "sleep" due to inactivity you are screwed.  There are multiple variations on how to fix the problem and some short cuts may or may not work some of the time.  The only way to fix the problem everytime is a painful one.  First go to each device and delete the printer from its printer list.  Windows 7 does that one way, Mac does it a different way and the iOS devices do it yet a nother way so you have to figure out how to actually delete the printer.  Next go to the printer and using the network set up screens disable the printer network connection.  Now go back and reconnect and reconfigure the printer.  Once this is done go to each device and re-add the printer.  I have always had this work but what a pain.

HP is totally silient on the issue as their wake on LAN logic is broke and they don't seem to know how to fix it.  Sounds like some of their other printers have the same issue.  It looks like the router drops the IP address so it is part of the problem.  I have gone through 4 routers since someone indicated it was a router issue but that never solved the problem.  Real solution is to buy a different brand of printer.  Other brands do not have this issue so I am leaning towards the HP side for a source of the problem.

HP Recommended

see how i fixed mine,   look further along this forum and find this: 

If the printer shows offline while printing , check if th printer still has a valid IPV4 address.

If the printer still has a vaild IPV4 address , check on the "Ports" tab in the printer properties window.

Sometimes if the printer is added as a WSD port , the printer shows offline and the computer requires a reboot

to show thw printer online.

So, add a new STD TCP / IPV4 add using the IP add of the printer and this will take care of the issue

endquote

now im just a dumb bloke but i followed this and fixed my problem,  so give it a go mate.

HP Recommended

This solution (posted 01-14-2015 02:26 PM) worked for me on 8.1 with an HP OJ 86xx series printer

printer was working fine then just stopped for a few days.

All good again now after adding new port with IP address as described.

HP Recommended

Thanks. This just helped me fix the issue.

HP Recommended

Printer stopped working again after a power outage this week.

I tried rebooting everything and it still didn't work.

So I started digging a little further...

turns out what happened was that the printer was assigned a different IP address when everything booted back up.

Simple fix. Check the printer to see what IP address it has currently been assigned then use the same method described earlier in this thread to change the IP address in the tcp/ip port on the windows pc to point to the one the printer is now using.

I don't know if there is a way to allocate a specific ip address to a machone number for my wireless printer.

Probably would take more digging into my router than it is worth for the rare times this happens...

I guess that is one advantage of using a wired connection.

Easier to set a permanent IP address on your LAN.

Rob.

HP Recommended

yes, this helped me get my printer to online status and printing again. my ports were inaccurate. with your step by step instructions on ports, i was able to get it done. thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.