Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet 1600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi my priter was working ok before

since recently it prints a blue line one inch at right

plus the machine tells me 10.002 supply error ? what can i do do i need to clean it?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The error code indicates that the memory chip on the magenta cartridge cannot be read. A single color solid line usually is caused by a bad toner cartridge.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

how can i clean the blue from the rolling plastic thing?

do you know if the 10 002 means the no of page printed so far? if so by the printer or by the cyan cartridge

and what is the solution for my problem?

HP Recommended

The error code indicates a failure of the chip on the magenta cartridge, not the cyan. The blue line is likely caused by a defective cyan cartridge. They are most likely unrelated. The line should clear once the defective cartridge is replaced and a cleaning cycle has been run.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

hi so if i simply remove the 2 cartridge i should be able to print again?

HP Recommended

i juste checked at the magenta and it is 6003 on it 

the 6002 is yellow . does it change your diagnistic?

HP Recommended

im not being arrogant when asking that i just see a non correspondance in number and color .

can you answer plz

HP Recommended

The numbers on the cartridges correspond to the correct part number listed on HP store.

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/Offer.aspx?p=hp-color-laserjet-1600-printer-toner-cartridges&...

HP Recommended

i would have beleive the error 00002 was a way of saying the cartridge 0002 is prob.

how to only use black and white printing ? can i do it ? i tried removing all color cartridges but it does not work.. i receive the same message

HP Recommended

?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.