Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

connected the new printer wirelessly no problem and printed some pictures. All of a sudden all the lights are blinking. 

hp help guide recommended the following which i did.

I have turned it off and disconnected it from the mains, then reconnected it and still the same.

Also removed both cartridges and reinstalled them. 

Any ideas. Only just got it today.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi phoenix2002ie,

I saw your post about your Deskjet 2540 showing you all of the lights blinking. I noticed that you mentioned that you have followed a help guide that was recommend, which did not resolve your issue.

I am going to post you a link to all of the troubleshooting guides available for blinking light issues. Choose the guide that best describes what you are seeing and follow it, if you haven't already.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03817715

If you have already went through the troubleshooting and the issue remains, I suggest calling HP's Technical Support. You mentioned the printer is new so it most likely is under warranty and you might need a replacement unit.

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions click here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Best wishes,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was onto Hp tech support. We tried various solutions but to no avail. I ended up returning the printer and getting a replacement for it. The new one works just fine thanksfully.

Thanks for the help suggestions.

Maria 🙂

HP Recommended
So. If I bought one of those printers, already struggled installing the dam thing, taken ages to get it working on my ipad, and still not rointing full pages, no idea how to set it up to print a full a4 picture,
I have used it for 3 days 4 month ago, and is off since,
Now I needed it, switched it on, and can't print.
All lights flashing.
It says service it at the end of the trouble shooting list.
No service instructions, just a stupid number which cost money to get the answer go to the shop.

In my opinion this printer is not worth the money unless is working when I need it.

What's the solution of getting it working tomorrow without spending money on a not even 6 month old product,
Or go all the way to the shop and spend time and again diesel money to bring it there?
Bad points on hp products.
I need to print once in 2/3 month, if this is not working what's the point buying it?

Also if the cartridges drying out in less then one month do I get them for free then from hp?

I bet I don't get an answer on that one now!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.