Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have comcast hi speed internet modem and my phone with voice mail all connected to my single phone line. Can the fax be connected as well and not interfer with anything?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ronoco,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

I think you can do so.  The setup is pretty flexible.

If you already have the Full Feature Software installed then you can look up how to do this in the Help file in the Printer Assistant.

If you do not have an icon on your Desktop for your Printer Assistant, you can call it directly:

Open a Command Prompt and type this (all one line):

"C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7520 series\Bin\HP Photosmart 7520 series.exe" -Start UDCDevicePage

NOTE:  You might also like to create a shortcut for this line so you can keep your Printer Assistant on your Desktop.

Click Search HP Help

On the right side of the Printer Assistant page, under Contents, Click Appendix

Click Additional Fax Setup

Click Set up faxing (parallel phone systems)

Select the instructions that match your setup

============================================================================

If you still need to install the Full Feature Software (you need to do this first, of course):

General Instructions to install the Printer Software

• Open  HP Drivers & Downloads
  • Enter your Printer Model information
  • Select your Printer from the “Results” list
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu
  •  Click NEXT and Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software
  • Save the *.exe installation package(s) on your computer

The file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.

Next:

• If available, you may wish to download the Print and Scan Doctor and / or other programs from Category – Utilities

HINT:

Install the Utilities / Tools first; the little installation packages are smaller in size

• If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select run as Administrator and install.

NOTES

• On the bottom half of the main webpage for your printer, you can find helpful videos to assist with the installation.
  • Scroll the video list back and forth until you find the video that most closely matches your situation.

• If using a USB connection:  Download and install the driver software before connecting a USB cable.

• Ethernet:  If the printer supports Ethernet, you may connect the printer to the network (and assign the printer an IP address at the router, if you like).  Once the printer is connected to the network, be sure the printer is turned on and then install the printer software.
  • After the initial installation is complete and working, be sure to check for and install any relevant updates  - check Category  - Update

There is valuable information at the printer’s website, including manuals, how-to pages, Troubleshooting and SOLUTIONS for problems, and alerts for your printer.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.  Bookmark the page.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

HP will never call you on the phone and ask for money to 'keep your PC safe'.

Say “No, thank you,” and hang up!

Cybercriminals might call you on the telephone and claim to be from Microsoft.

See: Microsoft Safety & Security Center

Mark my answer “Accept as Solution” when it provides a solution or workaround!

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.