Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet 1100
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi, I'm Italian I have a hp laserjet 110, I am passed from the OS WINDOWS XP to Windows 7 Home Premium (32BIT), I lost the printer driver and do not have the installation CD. Can someone please help me, also in English.
Happy New Year everyone thanks
KASKO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you using the same computer?  Newer computers often do not have a parallel port. 

Windows 7 should contain the basic drivers for that printer.  It uses a simple Print Control Language.  When it's connected to your computer, go to Install New Printer.  You may have to manually find it through the library in Windows because most directly connected printers that old will not be visible to the PC until the drivers go look for it.  It should only take a few minutes.

If all else fails...  AND If you do have a parallel port...  Go to HP's website and search the Software and Drivers for the 1100 drivers.  If you cannot find them on there, look for any PCL5 driver.  Download it and let it find the printer.

I hope this helps.  Write back if you get stuck.

I have been to Roma and Santa Marinella.  Love both!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Are you using the same computer?  Newer computers often do not have a parallel port. 

Windows 7 should contain the basic drivers for that printer.  It uses a simple Print Control Language.  When it's connected to your computer, go to Install New Printer.  You may have to manually find it through the library in Windows because most directly connected printers that old will not be visible to the PC until the drivers go look for it.  It should only take a few minutes.

If all else fails...  AND If you do have a parallel port...  Go to HP's website and search the Software and Drivers for the 1100 drivers.  If you cannot find them on there, look for any PCL5 driver.  Download it and let it find the printer.

I hope this helps.  Write back if you get stuck.

I have been to Roma and Santa Marinella.  Love both!

HP Recommended

thanks for collaboration. Italy is really beautiful. Greetings

HP Recommended

It is NOT in my Windows 7..... isn't there another place in the world when we can find this driver?

HP Recommended

Where do we find a PCL5 Driver?

HP Recommended

I have spent my whole day yesterday looking for the drivers for the HP Laserjet 1100...... NOT on the HP web site and NOT on the Windows 7 who cannot find it and after spending over 1 hour with a Microsoft tech support it cannot be found..... WHy is this so complicated?

HP Recommended

How do we find a PCL5 Driver? and once we download it, where does it go and how to we use this to find the right driver?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.