Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laserjet pro 300 m375nw

My printer has been printing and copying with a line on one side of every paper, it has gotten worse and now is a fuzzy line. I thought it was from the copier only, but happens when printing too. 

I have cleaned the glass, and do not know what else to do. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Suggest you to perform a Half self test page to check which component is causing this issue.

1. Open all paper cassette trays.
    b. Place a single sheet of letter-sized paper in Tray 1.
    c. Print a Configuration page.

To print a Configuration page, please perform the following steps:

1. Press menu.
    2. Use the < or the > button to select Reports, and then press Enter.
    3. Use the < or the > button to select Config report, and then press Enter.
    The printer exits the menu settings and prints the report.

d. Watch the trailing end of the page in Tray 1 as it advances into the printer. When the trailing end of the page is about to disappear into the printer, open the top cover to stop the print process and examine the partially printed page. If the print quality defect is visible, this indicates that the issue is occurring before the fusing process occurs. This point to an issue with the transfer roller (the black sponge roller) or the print cartridge. Turn the print cartridge over and slide open the shutter to expose the blue-green image drum roller.

If the defect is also visible on the print cartridge image drum roller, this eliminates the transfer roller and indicates an issue with the print cartridge. Replace the print cartridge to resolve the issue.

If the print quality defect is not visible on the paper, this indicates that the issue is occurring during or after the fusing process.

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi

To rephrase the issue - you are getting black line at the corner of the page, initially it was only in copy now this happening with the Printing as well.

If the issue is with Copy then i would recommend to clean the scanner glass and the small ADF glass.

If this issue is with printing as well, then it could be because of toner or fuser. - First please remove the toner Assembly from the printer and check if toner also has the black spot if yes then you can measure the margin from the corner and can identify the cause. this can be resolved by replacening the toner.

If toner is also Ok , then you can check for any scrap if coming out from printer, or do inspect teh teflon sheet of Fuser this may be damaged, in this case Fuser assembly needs replacement.

Thanks & Regards

Kaps

I am an HP employee. The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you. You may also select this as accepted solution if this is the resolution of the issue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.