Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

keep getting thesame thing as others, ink failure

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi RebelRed,

I can certainly help you with reset

1. Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
  2. Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
  3. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
  4. Press and release the “OK” button.
  5. Display should say “Support”. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".
  6. Press and release the “OK” button.
  7. Press the right arrow key to look for "Semi-Full Reset", press 'OK'
  8. The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset.

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended
I get as far as step #5. There is no 'Support' option under 'System configuration menu' mine has these options:
Hardware
Failure status,

Ink
Initialization status,

Set boot mode
To user mode

That's the only 3 options i get and i cant get past that step
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for contacting HP support forum,

1. Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
  2. Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
  3. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says  “Support”. and press OK
  4. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".
  5. Press and release the “OK” button.
  6. Press the right arrow key to look for "Semi-Full Reset", press 'OK'
  7. The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset

The option should be available either in main menu itself

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.