Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have downloaded the current version 5.0 of Print and Scan DR to try to resolve problems printing over my home network from my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit to my Laserjet P1102w.
When DR opens the Welcome screen doesn't have a 'Start' command button. I hit 'Enter' and it goes to a second screen to pick my printer from all the software can see. I can select my printer but there is no 'Next' button to procede. No 'exit' capability, nothing! P1102 Prnt Dr.png
I have to shut down my computer to kill DR.
Not helping me troubleshoot my printer problems!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

Superb effort and brilliant deductions of the issue again. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You've been amazing to work with and tried everything regarding this to get the situation corrected. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂

I reviewed the post comprehensively. I understand that you have trouble with the print and scan doctor utility. If you’ve tried everything and the utility still does not work, then it may be some kind of Operating system glitch on this specific computer that is preventing it to not run correctly.

The print and scan doctor does not install on the computer and runs as a utility to check print and scan related issues. So if it is not running correctly on this specific machine and you want to run it, please backup your files and reinstall the operating system again to factory settings.

Like I said before it is downloaded by millions of users and is a trusted and tested tool. If you have a different PC please try print and scan doctor on that to isolate the issue further.

However, I would still love to assist you here with your printer related issues if possible?

• Please mention clearly what the issue is with your printer?
  • Are you not able to print correctly?
  • Does it not scan as well?
  • Have you tried to make a few copies directly from the printer, without any communication from the computer to check that the printer does not have a hardware issue?
  • Have you replaced cartridges and checked by making a few copies from the flatbed and the ADF?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer to assist you better.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

Thanks for reaching out! I would glad to be of your assistance.

I understand that we had an issue with the HP PSDR 5.0. This was a temporary glitch while upgrading from the 4.9 version to the 5.0 version.  I believe the issue is now fixed and you can download the correct PSDR 5.0 version from here:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

You can confirm based on the size of the Binary File (10.3 MB). Just download and execute the file found there and disregard first the self-update screen that comes up.

Alternatively, if you have any issues with your printer that needs our attention, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Let me know if that helps! 

Good luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Downloaded and installed my fourth copy just now. No change that I can see.

Is it something with Firefox 51.0.1 (32 bit).?

HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have investigated some things which I thought might bear on this.

• my HP laptop is a 64 bit. Sometime in the last month Mozilla updated itself to the 32-bit version of Firefox. I went back to the Firefox download site, downloaded the 64 bit version and reupdated my browser.
  • I have 2 program files folders on my machine - one labelled Program Files and one labelled Program Files(x86). PSDR is in the (x86) folder. screen print.png
  • When I try to use Control Panel to uninstall PSDR none of the programs in the (x86) folder are listed. Is there some other way to totally remove it so I can try downloading and reinstalling the 64-bit version of PSDR and have it go into the other Program Files folder?
  • I also tried to use the Windows right click on PSDR shortcut menu choice 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'. Not very helpful but at one point it displayed and error msg that PSDR couldn't run in 64-bit mode.

Thank you for trying to help me solve this problem.

Maureen

@Jeet_singh wrote:

Hi @have2sail75,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

I am  @Davidsmp. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeetsingh. As he is out of the office today I'll take over from here.Let me jump in to assist you here. I reviewed the post comprehensively.

Please try these steps to first Uninstall Print and scan doctor and then download it from the previous link in the previous post.

1. Right click on the desktop Icon for “HP Print and Scan Doctor “
  2. Left click on “Open file location” from the menu to open Windows Explorer.
  3. In the left pane of Widows Explorer, right click on the folder “C:\Program Files\HP\Diagnostics\PSDR “and left click on “Delete” from the menu.
  4. Repeat steps (1) and (2).
  5. Right click on “Yes” to delete the desktop Icon for “HP Print and Scan Doctor”.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello DavidSMP,

I did as you suggested to remove the program and the icon from it's directory. Even deleted the directory! Also deleted desktop shortcut to it.

Downloaded from the link and installed again with exactly the same results. Guessing it's not meant to run in Windows 7, 64 bit OS.

Thanks for jumping in.

Maureen

HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

Superb effort and brilliant deductions of the issue again. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You've been amazing to work with and tried everything regarding this to get the situation corrected. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂

I reviewed the post comprehensively. I understand that you have trouble with the print and scan doctor utility. If you’ve tried everything and the utility still does not work, then it may be some kind of Operating system glitch on this specific computer that is preventing it to not run correctly.

The print and scan doctor does not install on the computer and runs as a utility to check print and scan related issues. So if it is not running correctly on this specific machine and you want to run it, please backup your files and reinstall the operating system again to factory settings.

Like I said before it is downloaded by millions of users and is a trusted and tested tool. If you have a different PC please try print and scan doctor on that to isolate the issue further.

However, I would still love to assist you here with your printer related issues if possible?

• Please mention clearly what the issue is with your printer?
  • Are you not able to print correctly?
  • Does it not scan as well?
  • Have you tried to make a few copies directly from the printer, without any communication from the computer to check that the printer does not have a hardware issue?
  • Have you replaced cartridges and checked by making a few copies from the flatbed and the ADF?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer to assist you better.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @have2sail75,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.