Question

Honor Student
moderntimes
Message 1 of 9 (239 Views)

Cannot print office jet 8600 from iphone

Hello, I am using an Office Jet  pro 8600. Everything was running fine with printing wirelessly from our iPhones until we switched from an HP laptop to an iMac desktop. We are on a Hub for wireless internet. I have unplugged and restarted the wireless router twice and used the Wireless Wizard to reset the printer but still cannot print from our iPhones. We can  print wirelessly from the iMac. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (224 Views)

Re: Cannot print office jet 8600 from iphone

Its an 8600 e-All-in-One, right?   This is the list of compatible AirPrint printers and the regular 8600 is not on the list:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02623193&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

What router are you using? 

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
moderntimes
Message 3 of 9 (180 Views)

Hello, Thank you for responding. Yes it is an OfficeJet Pro 8600 All in One- and it is e print friendly. It has Mac friendly stickers on the back indicating that it is compatible to Mac wirelessly. 

The router I am using is:

http://www.rogers.com/cms/images/en/Wireless/CellPhoneDetail/Support/Quick%20Start%20Guide%20(NetCom...

I can print wirelessly from the iMac but cannot any longer printe wirelessly from iPhone 4s.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 9 (166 Views)

OK, if it works from the iMac, it should also work from the iPhone.  Are you sure your iPhone is connected to the wireless network?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
moderntimes
Message 5 of 9 (156 Views)

Yes absolutely. I have checked multiple times to make sure the iPhones are on the printer's wireless network.

The crazy thing is , that when I was using my old HP laptop we could print from the iPhones or from the HP laptop with ease and use the touch funtions for scanning and printing on the OfficeJet 8600 All-in-One. But, once the iMac was put into use we lost so many functions. Now we scan and print through the iMac and cannot print from the iPhones. So, I am guessing it's some incompatibility with the Mac. ( It's running OS 10.8 )

Thanks again for your help.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 9 (149 Views)

On the front of the printer are you sure that Web Services are enabled?

I am employed by HP
Student
coapamorelos
Message 7 of 9 (144 Views)

no i did not get to divices tap

Honor Student
moderntimes
Message 8 of 9 (136 Views)

Yes absolutely. I am going to have another run through the whole thing again today. I will let you know what happens. I know it must be some incompatibility between the iMac and the printer because it all worked from the touch screen screen when I was using the HP laptop. We could print directly from the iPhones and all the function on the touch screen on the printer worked perfectly. I love the iMac but that has been the one variable. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 9 (133 Views)

Actually, the iMac should not have any affect on the iPhone's ability to print.  To test it completely shut down the Mac and try to print from the iPhone.

I really suspect your router and its proper support of Bonjour (or lack thereof).

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation