Question
HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP scanning on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Replies (45)

Student
marian_zurekk
Message 41 of 46 (13,905 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP scanning on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Hi,

I am not sure whether you have solved your problem already, but what worked for me was downloading the Full Solution from the support pages for CM1312 under:

go to http://hp.com/support/cm1312series and then 'Download drivers and software' -> 1312 MFP

- choose the Mac OS X (not Mac OS X 10.6)

- download under 'Software': 'HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6 Full Solution' (9.7MB)

and install it.

I was able to scan from HP Director, but not from 'Preview'

Good luck.

Student
ersilucy
Message 42 of 46 (13,743 Views)

Student
alanlocke
Message 43 of 46 (13,475 Views)

At last it works yay :smileyhappy:

Driver is here AND it scans And gives ink levels :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

Master's Graduate
Vanricker
Message 44 of 46 (13,305 Views)

Hello,

Scan functionality is fully supported with the HP LaserJet CM1312 and SnowLeopard using the latest HP Scan application software.  Have you installed the latest software package from hp.com/support?   There is a full print/scan/utility installer available for Mac OS X 10.6 SnowLeopard.

Please note that Apple's Preview application (import from scanner) uses Apple's ICA  scan flow - this is not supported with this HP LaserJet.   HP does not provide an 'ICA module' for  ICA or Preview applications to access to support the ICA scan flow.   

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
Student
Leecy
Message 45 of 46 (7,092 Views)

I downloaded the drivers for osx 10.6 but my director.app did not update and my printer works fine but my icon is gone and my scanner is not working because the director.app didn't update.  Anyone have a solution?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 46 of 46 (7,045 Views)

I would recommend that you download the driver through Apple Software Update. 

Before we do that, we want to uninstall any incompatible software you may have installed on your computer by running the HP Uninstaller located under Applications > HP or the Hewlett-Packard folder.

After you do that, we will want to download the drivers. The drivers for your product are available through Apple Software Update.

Before you do anything, temporarily unplug the printer's USB cord from either the printer or the computer. Next, check for any available HP Update's by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update.

If any update could not be retrieved, download the full HP Printer Drivers v.2.14 from Apple:

Once you have completed the installation you will want to plug your printer back in. After the printer is plugged back in, go into your print settings under System Preferences > Print & Scan. To add the printer, click the plus sign. You should see your printer listed here. Select it. If underneath the printer you see "Use:”.  Make sure that says the name of your printer and not AirPrint. Click Add down in the bottom right hand corner.

Best of luck,

Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation