Question

Tutor
Fairylove71
Message 1 of 5 (1,629 Views)

HP Officejet 7000 getting offline error message when printing wirelessly

We're using Macs (laptop and iMac) and keep getting the printer offline message. We printed a configuration page and it says the printer is "ready" however it just prints out blank pages or nothing at all. I'm on a new iMac and just downloaded and hard wire installed the driver and now am trying to print wirelessly. The printer is on, network connection is fine, etc. I found one site that said I needed to go into system preferences to bring the printer online again because something must have taken it offline. The problem is I don't get a resume option and can't see any way of bringing it back online. H...E...L...P... I need to print :-(

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (1,607 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 7000 getting offline error message when printing wirelessly

What version of OS X?

How is the printer connected?  If to a network, tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

I am employed by HP
Tutor
Fairylove71
Message 3 of 5 (1,599 Views)

We are connected wirelessly through a cisco linksys e3000 router. It worked fine previously but then somehow got bumped offline within the last couple of weeks and we can't seem to get it back online. The strangest part is the HP network configuration page we printed (by pressing the network light on the printer) says the status is "ready," it makes no sense :-( 

Tutor
Fairylove71
Message 4 of 5 (1,596 Views)

Also noteworthy, I typed in my printer's IP address in the address field of a browser and it would not come up on my iMac but it did however work on my laptop. HP says that means my iMac and printer aren't on the same network. Not sure how to get them on the same network. It seems my laptop is on the same network, is there something I can find on the laptop to help me on the iMac.

It seems I have a separate issue with the laptop now. I can send something to the printer but when I try to print tabloid size (11x17) it prints a blank page and says paper mismatch (which it isn't). I can however print 8.5 x 11, but as designers we need to be able to print larger though, that's why we got this printer - ugh.

Tutor
Fairylove71
Message 5 of 5 (1,579 Views)

My laptop is back to working after deleting and re-adding the printer to the list. However, the iMac is still not networking to the printer and showing offline.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation