04-02-2014 06:28 PM
I have had to reload my printers into my Macbook pro. I have loaded the HP photosmart D110 in the print/scan utility and can see the printer. I also can print a test page. When I go to print a document, I get the following message "printing-printer in use" and it just stays in that mode (no printing). I have tried turning off the router, printer and computer. This did not work. Any help is appreciated.
04-04-2014 07:34 AM
Hello TSafran and welcome to the HP forums!
I see you have a Photosmart D110 that you're not able to print with on your Mac running 10.8. I will definitely do my best to assist you with this issue!
I realize you stated you just had to reload your printers onto your Mac, but I'd like you to start with resetting your printing system (don't re-add the printer just yet) and then follow up with a verify/repair of your disk permissions. Once those complete, please reboot your Mac and then re-add the printer to the queue before trying to print again.
Let me know how this goes for you!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software