Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

If you are using Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion and have HP software for pre-Snow Leopard (either from a CD not marked as compatible with 10.6 -10.8 or you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion and had the HP software on your Mac before you upgraded - even if you did a standard uninstall of the old software or installed new software over the top of it) you must uninstall the software using the 'scrubber' option:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall This IS the Scrubber Option, there is no button labeled "Scrubber"
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Now reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Try scanning from your Mac. Use Image Capture app in your Applications folder.

Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click on Show Details along the bottom. Along the right side you will see LOTS of options for scanning and saving.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have been using my scanner recently, set everything up and it's as if my mac is not recognising it now?

HP Recommended

I've updated my mac to 10.6.8 and the scanner on my HP printer doesn't now work.  Printing is ok.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6.8 and can't get it to recognize my HP Photosmart Premium C309a scanner. It finds the printer but not the scanner. I've followed all the advice on this forum but the link to the upgrade on the Apple site is for Lion or later. Does anyone have the full featured driver and software for 10.6.8?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.