Question

Honor Student
Luc1ano
Message 1 of 4 (2,586 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printing problems with MAC OSX 10.7

I've got a brand new MAC with LION installed and I have had a curious experience in printing issue with both my HP printers: CM1312nfi and C1120n.

At first instance, after a one-to-one settings by apple-store, printers were working, after some days they could be detected, but printing gave an error.

After calling apple and tried everything they suggested (reset printing and adding them again, either via USB than wifi) nothing changed.

Some days later I tried the suggested steps again and got a new behavior: a software download.

But at the end of the download and installation, the following message appeared:
"the software for the print was installed incorrectly. Please reinstall the software from the manufacturer."

My printers are currently supported by LION, but the problem is that HP does NOT have any software for any of them to be downloaded since report:

"With the release of OS X 10.7 Lion, HP is providing updated print drivers and software. These updates are available through Apple Software Updates in Mac OS X."

My questions are:
How to get a working driver for them?
Shall I update the firmware?
Maybe 10.6 vs. driver would be fine as well? If so, where to download it?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (2,547 Views)

Re: Printing problems with MAC OSX 10.7

Hi,

The software should normally be downloaded from Apple Software update exectly as described.

Using a software package intended for other operating system is not recommended, may won't run and might affect your Mac performance as well.

Let's try the following steps:

First, enter Printer Preferences > Print & Scan, right click the printers background area and reset the printong system once again.

Launch Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility, select your OS partition and click the Repair Disk Permissions button, located under the First Aid tab, in order to be sure there isn't any permission issue which caused the Software Update failure.

Download and install the full HP Printer Software 2.7 package, that installation contains any of the HP drivers available by Apple Software Update:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL907/en_US/HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers2.7.2.dmg

Now enter Print & Scan once again, click the Plus sign, add the HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series and then try prining.

Regarding the C1120n model you have mentioned, could you please clarify the exact model?

By searching both HP and google i could not locate that model for any Printer Series.

Simply try adding the printer as described for the CM1312, hoewever please clarify te exact model, so we will be sure there is no full software available for the specific model.

Please let me know of any progress,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Luc1ano
Message 3 of 4 (2,515 Views)

Thank you Shlomi: you method worked out even if I had to perform the described steps more than once.

Top Student
Alphaeus
Message 4 of 4 (2,443 Views)

Hi SchlomiL, 

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem in scanning, not printing, from my USB-connected HP Photosmart C-4280 All-in-One. 

I recently bought a MacAir with Lion OS v. 10.7.1. It prints to the Photosmart, but cannot find the USB-connected scanner. The error message is "Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found)". I have tried the Apple software update, which says all my software is up to date. Then I followed the instructions you gave in your previous post, but to no avail.

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation