Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My microphone works too quietly. I know how to regulate it in windows 10 and previous systems, but it doesn't help. No one can hear me for example on skype.

I was trying to downlad and install new drivers - doesn't help. 

Latest drivers - Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver
VERSION: 6.0.1.7548 - when I am restarting my pc are trying to reinstall once again. After next restart - same situation.

Any help much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @o_michal,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.

I grasp that the volume on your microphone is very low and you are unable to alter or change it. To assist me, would you please provide your exact model of HP Omen notebook?How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Here is a link to HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎. Please try the steps provided and post the results back.

Good Luck!

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them.

To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
How can I check which HP model do I have? I have 512gb SSD. GF GTX860M, 16GB Hynix 1600MHz RAM and Windows 10.
HP Recommended

Hi @o_michal,

Thank you for the reply. 

Please click on this link and follow the instructions to get your model.  How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you, I did it. Have installed latest version of sound drivers and it still don't work. After a restart of my PC I am asking about reinstall of the drivers. After that, once again.... 

HP Recommended

Hi @o_michal,

Thank you for your reply.

As you are still having an issue with the Microphone and the previous troubleshooting steps have not helped, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

With your permission they can remotely access your system, to help find and fix issues.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have information about that my laptop is out of the warranty. How can I connect with someone who can help me with this issue? I have only two options through this site - chat and phone. No one who can connect with my laptop and try to check it online.

HP Recommended

Hi @o_michal,

Thank you for the update.

I grasp that you are not in warranty. To have someone connect remotely to your system to check it out, you will need to contact HP Support.

As this did start with the Windows 10 upgrade, you could try a clean install of Windows 10 or do a recovery back to the original operating system.  Depending on how long you have had Windows 10 installed, you may have the option to roll back to the previous version.You could also consider taking it to a repair shop to have them look at it. Should you decide to try a clean install here is a link to assist you. How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com). Should you decide to do a recovery here is a link to  HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please let me know the outcome

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

It doesn't work. I was trying to google it and it seems more people has the same problem. I guess it's driver's issue... 

It's not funny as I spend lot of money for the expensive laptop and now it doesn't work properly. It seems like HP again failed.

HP Recommended

Hi @o_michal,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.