Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am trying to find out what can I upgrade in my laptop. From the FAQ in the OP, I seem to identify RAM as a good choice, and getting a new HDD. I just wanted to know what else can I upgrade, or can I upgrade my RAM or HDD? Like get that SSD drive the OP talked about? Or list out upgrade options? I'm sorry, I am just new to this scene. I also have an express card slot.

HP dv6t-1200 CTO

FV161AV

Product stats:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
System memory 4 GB with 2 slots, both 2GB SODIMM DDR-2 800 MHz Samsung
Graphics device Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Current Resolution 1366 x 768
Refresh Rate 60
System board 3627 18.42
System BIOS F.33
HDD ST9320325AS ATA Device (298.09 GB)
Optical drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561S
Fax/Modem Standard Modem
Network interface Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Crucial System scans:
Maximum Memory Capacity:  8388608 MB
Currently Installed Memory:  4096 MB
Available Memory Slots:   N.A.
Total Memory Slots:  2
Dual Channel Support:   N.A.
CPU Manufacturer:  GenuineIntel
CPU Family:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz
CPU Speed:  2100 MHz

HP Recommended

Hi,

@mhabbasi wrote:

Hi, I am trying to find out what can I upgrade in my laptop. From the FAQ in the OP, I seem to identify RAM as a good choice, and getting a new HDD. I just wanted to know what else can I upgrade, or can I upgrade my RAM or HDD? Like get that SSD drive the OP talked about? Or list out upgrade options? I'm sorry, I am just new to this scene. I also have an express card slot.

HP dv6t-1200 CTO

FV161AV

Upgrade recommendations for your laptop:

SSD hard drive would be the upgrade where you would notice a significant increase in percieved speed due to the rapid access and write times to to the SSD. Bootup time into Windows 20-25 seconds. Your laptop will also run cooler. Your own lap won't be hot any more. 😉

RAM@: only if your OS is a 64-bit version. 32-bit Windows can only access @3.25 GB of RAM because of a design limitation called physical address extension. (PAE). That said, adding 4GB to a laptop with 32-bit Windows that already has 4Gb is a moot point.

regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sir, I had a laptop CQ45(P7350 2.0GHz, DDR2 800MHz  2GB, Geforce 9200 MGs 256MB). My laptop almost can't run the game Dragon age in 1280*800. Can you give me an advice about upgrade my hardware ,so that I can play COD 6, Dirt 2 without stucks?  

Please give me a reply

tennislover1990@sina.com

HP Recommended

Hi,

@yuminggj wrote:

Sir, I had a laptop CQ45(P7350 2.0GHz, DDR2 800MHz  2GB, Geforce 9200 MGs 256MB). My laptop almost can't run the game Dragon age in 1280*800. Can you give me an advice about upgrade my hardware ,so that I can play COD 6, Dirt 2 without stucks?  

Please give me a reply

tennislover1990@sina.com

Unfortunately I  have bad news for you.

Here is a link to the system requirements for COD 6. Your lap top does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. There are no upgrades to your laptop that will raise it to the minimum specs for COD 6. If you want to game with a laptop you probably need to consider something with a bit more punch. ( an HP ENVY or Alienware laptop)

With the specs that your laptop has, you will always see stuttering and choppy performance issues in most games. Lower the resolution and the performance should show some improvment.

Most laptops have only enough go for non graphics and CPU intensive games.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread, but what upgrade cpus are available for the G60-519WM?

Thanks

HP Recommended

guys....yet another upgrade question...

ive got a dv6-1007tx

Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz

PM45 motherboard

639iBEC5F1E44D76F202

640i58DE1B3D8AE7BAFF

so i went to the hp website to check compatible processors and narrowed down my options to....

QX9300...

Q9100...

I really need to go quad cause i use video editing/converting programs and with my current processor my cpu is always maxed out at 100%... 

im leaning to the Q9100 at the moment...its about half the price ($280 on ebay) of the QX9300 ($520 on ebay)...

does anyone know if there is a significant difference between them, besides the .26GHz?  i have been hearing that some processors are over-clockable and some arent...but as yet i have no real idea about over-clocking...i will have to look into it...

can anyone tell me what the negative aspects are of performing the upgrade that i am suggesting?

will overheating be a problem?

life span?

anything else like that?

any help/advice would be much appreciated...

regards,

kam

HP Recommended

HP TX2-1340ea upgrade possibilities.

I am looking for some advice for upgrading my laptop.

Firstly the wireless card. I know that it is a MiniPCIe card that is a Broadcom Bluetooth and 802.11G combo.  There is a newer version that Broadcom released that has a similar part number but is a Bluetooth 3.0 and 802.11n card. I have an 11n network and so would prefer to upgrade that.

Secondly the processor. I believe it should be possible to gain an extra 100MHz per core (dual core), which should help.

and Finally, perhaps the memory aswell - there is 4GB at the moment in there, just wondering if more is possible.

I had a look on the HP site (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=4034204) but was unable to see a manual which tells me what the BIOS will support.

The last thing is, if I buy the parts, will HP be able to do the upgrades? The laptop is well within warranty, and I hope not to void that. If not, am I able to at least upgrade the WI-FI card myself without voiding the warranty (I have a ground strap etc., and have built computers myself.)

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a dv6138 laptop and I recently upgraded the RAM from 1gb to 4gb and the hard disk from 80GB to 500GB without looking up the maximum specs that my laptop could handle. I did a fresh install of win7, after my laptop suddenly stops responding frequently and Im only using internet explorer and installing some programs. So as i have found out in this thread that the 4gb ram might be the cause of the freezes.

could anyone give me an insight of what to do? thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP 530, p/n : FH547AA#ABE. I want to upgrade to 4Gb of memory and a T5600 or T7200 Core 2 Duo processor, is it porssible ?

I'm worried about the FSB because my current T5200 is at 533 MHz and both T5600 and T7200 are 667 MHz.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello there.

I am looking for a tablet notebook that is able to do some fair processing without getting all laggy...

I just want it to run smoothly at all times.

So, I found the TouchSmart Tm2-2057sb, which seems a very nice tablet.

The problem is that I find the processor it comes with (Intel i3-330um) , weak.

So, would I be able to replace it for a faster CPU, let's say, an i5-520m?

Or the higher TDP would be likely to kill the whole thing?

And I would also like to know if the i5-430um would be a good replacement. Because than, I would just have to customize it from HP store.

So, what should I do?

Thank's!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.