Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X7G60EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes my audio is always on 100% even when it says 2% or 6%, when I run the Windows Audio troubleshooter it gets fixed but it keeps occuring.

Also I got this laptop from a store in December and I had 10 months left of my 1 year warranty but I checked it today and it said it has expired in August before I had this laptop?

Help for both the issues above would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Lewis,

For the audio issue, you can either go to device manager and right click on Audio and update the driver.. Restart the computer and then check. 

Also you may update the bios.  For this..  you may go to the following link and can update both bios and Audio. 

My suggestion is try one by one. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-au000-notebook-pc-series/10862158/mod...

Thanking you for choosing HP,

Regards

Ashok ... HP..always working

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Lewis,

For the audio issue, you can either go to device manager and right click on Audio and update the driver.. Restart the computer and then check. 

Also you may update the bios.  For this..  you may go to the following link and can update both bios and Audio. 

My suggestion is try one by one. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-au000-notebook-pc-series/10862158/mod...

Thanking you for choosing HP,

Regards

HP Recommended

Regarding the warranty issue, I have sent in a dispute 🙂

I have my device fully updated through HP Support Assistant and Windows Update, I also used Device Manager to check it was up-to date. When I run the Playing Audio Troubleshooter it says audio enhancements failed to load, I think that is the issue. All Audio services are automatic on start-up.

This issue happens randomly, sometimes I cannot open Groove Music and audio wont play and sometimes it always on maximum volume even if it's on 2%.

HP Recommended

Hi Lewis,

Can you please try by disabling Audio enhancements. 

Regards,

HP Recommended

It's been a few weeks, and the audio is fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.