Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

I have an audio proble with my Probook. I can't increase or decrease the volume from the keybord and also from the icon below,  on the right side of the screen, furthermore the mute button on the keybord doesn't work. 

All the previous problems disappear when I insert my headphones. 

Any Idea?

Thanks to all 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please click the below link and re-install the Audio driver and HP Hotkey support to resolve the issue

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-430-g4-notebook-pc/10477243

Note: If you are using HDMI port you can try updating the Graphics/ Display driver

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please click the below link and re-install the Audio driver and HP Hotkey support to resolve the issue

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-430-g4-notebook-pc/10477243

Note: If you are using HDMI port you can try updating the Graphics/ Display driver

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Many thanks, the new driver works. 🙂 

But now I have a problem with itunes. If I start a song without headphones all works, but when I connect the headphones the song continue to play in the speaker, so itunes do not recognize the headphones. 

Any idea?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Firstly I would recommend you to check your headphones by playing an audio file through Windows Media Player or any YouTube video online to see if the audio works normal. Let me know how this one goes.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes, I check with a YouTube video, my headphones are ok. 

There is also the reverse problem. If i start itunes with headphones all works, when I disconnect the headphones the music stops, and if I click on the button pause and then play nothing happens, the seconds counter is always standing. This is strange. 

HP Recommended

I dont see any issues with the Laptop as you have tested it with media player & youtube videos

I feel that you are facing issues with the settings of iTunes which needs to corrected as per your requirement somewhere

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Ok, Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're most welcome and have a great day!! 🙂

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.