Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV7-7012
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had to do a Windows 7 in-place "upgrade" to repair a corrupted system.  The new version of windows was the same as the old (win7pro 64 bit) and I've subsequently installed all the patches and updates.

But now my Beats audio control panel is not functioning.  No error messages, just no response.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the IDT driver softpac (SP 59766) several times, in several ways...the result is always the same.  All audio is working, the driver gets in, the control panel disappears as it should during uninstall and reappears later...but when I click on the icon nothing happens.

• Beats audio icon appears in the taskbar notification area and in the control panel
  • All audio features "working", but the microphone special-effect settings are all wrong and nothing else seems to be affecting them.
  • Looking at the process manager, there are no processes named "beats" or "idt"--don't know if there are supposed to be.  If I click on the Beats icon, for about 1 second there's a process labeled IDTNGUI.
  • Looking at the windows event viewer, I get the following error message:
          Faulting application name: IDTNGUI.exe, version: 1.0.6418.0, time stamp: 0x500e5e6a
          Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23455, time stamp: 0x573a54fc
          Exception code: 0xe0434352
          Fault offset: 0x000000000001a06d
          Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\IDTNGUI.exe
  • Looking further, I see that the .Net4 runtime also blows up:
          Application: IDTNGUI.exe
          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
          Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
          Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
               at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
               at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32)
               at MS.Internal.NativeWPFDLLLoader.LoadCommonDLLsAndDwrite()
               at <Module>.CModuleInitialize.{ctor}(CModuleInitialize*, Void ())
               at <Module>.?A0x6065ba78.CreateCModuleInitialize()
               at <Module>.?A0x6065ba78.??__E?A0x6065ba78@cmiStartupRunner@@YMXXZ()
               at <Module>._initterm_m(Void* ()*, Void* ()*)
               at <Module>.   <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.InitializePerAppDomain
                                             (<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
              at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initialize
              at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize

Missing DLL?  Missing registry keys??  Missing language files in .Net???

HELP...my mike is basically offline until I resolve this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Uninstalled all of IDT package.  Reboot.

Reinstalled all of IDT package.  Reboot.

Now that .Net is working, so is Beats!

So...SOLVED!

NOTE:  it really matters which version of IDT drivers you install.  So...the SP from another model may not work at all, or corrupt the situation further.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Turns out .Net is totally FUBAR.

There's nothing to uninstall, but none of the .Net versions will install properly (error code 1603).

Tried the .Net Framework repair tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Then installed .Net 4.6 successfully.

Proved that it works, but Beats still is inoperative.

HP Recommended

Uninstalled all of IDT package.  Reboot.

Reinstalled all of IDT package.  Reboot.

Now that .Net is working, so is Beats!

So...SOLVED!

NOTE:  it really matters which version of IDT drivers you install.  So...the SP from another model may not work at all, or corrupt the situation further.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.