Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought a hp envy 13-d045tu today and had the same exact problem too. I've tried all the possible settings and driver updates too. Please look into this, HP.

HP Recommended

Same issues. The microphone is not working in my new arrived laptop. Aready updated all the drivers from the HP support website. Please fix 

HP Recommended

turn off sound effects for the Microphone Array.

This is done by the Control Panel command ‘sound’-> ‘recording’ tab -> select ''MICROPHONE ARRAY" and click on ‘properties’ ->on the ‘microphone’ pane select the ‘enhancements’ tab -> click the check box ‘disable all sound effects’ then click ‘OK’ on all of the panels back upto the sound panel.

Tired and it fixed hopefully can help you guys

HP Recommended

@Kelvin2 wrote:

turn off sound effects for the Microphone Array.

This is done by the Control Panel command ‘sound’-> ‘recording’ tab -> select ''MICROPHONE ARRAY" and click on ‘properties’ ->on the ‘microphone’ pane select the ‘enhancements’ tab -> click the check box ‘disable all sound effects’ then click ‘OK’ on all of the panels back upto the sound panel.

Tired and it fixed hopefully can help you guys

Great work Kelvin2!

I also made sure that "Microphone Array" was set as the default recording device too - and with your help it now seems to be working brilliantly! That said, this problem has a track record of coming back but hopefully it's fixed 🙂

Thanks again,

Kyran

HP Recommended

Hi I hae the same problem tried turing of enhancments but still wont work can anyone help

HP Recommended

Process improved microphone performance with skype .Why is this so? I still need to speak louder than I expected for skype to play back my test 

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problems, none of the above solutioins seem to work for me.

HP, can you release a fix?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same issue on HP star wars edition 15" laptop 😞

Is HP this bad now in 2016 about drivers / settings ?

Is B&O / Realtek this bad  as well ?

this is a SO STUPID issue, today, we all need mike to work perfectly for either Skype, TeamSpeak or many other online playing softwares !!!

I need a fix !

HP Recommended
Have you tried uninstalling the B&O drivers through the driver manager? This will cause your laptop to use the default windows drivers which seemed to work for me.

I agree that this issue really should be resolved and I'm shocked it's still unofficially patched; however if you fiddle around enough you may be able to fix it yourself.

Best if luck,

Kyran
HP Recommended
Got my best solution from Skype
Others with similar problems with HP
worked well on my HP pavillion with windows10

1. Run Device Manager
2. scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers
3. single, left click the small arrow to the left.  It will expand the "Sound Video, and game controllers"
4. Single click / select your audio controller -- in my case it was "Realtek High Definition Audio"
5. Now you need to tell it to update the software driver.  I did this by selecting the 3rd icon in from the right.  It's an icon with a small green arrow pointing up.
6.  Tell it to "search automatically for driver software" -- Note:  you have to be connected to the internet.
7.  In my case, it found a new driver which was installed, and then the microphone worked
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.