Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I just purchased a HP Spectre x360 (13.3" inch screen, Core i7-65000 w/ 16GB of RAM running windows 10 Home Edition; series # is 13-4116DX)

THE PROBLEM: the audio is NOT working. There is a red "X" through the speaker and it says "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED".

What have I tried:

1. The troubleshooter is useless. It comes back with nothing

2. When I right-click the sound icon it reads "No audio devices are installed"

3. DEVICE MANAGER: under sound, video and game controllers, there are two listed: Conexant ISST Audio and Intel Display Audio. BOTH say the device is working properly and that the latest version of the drivers is installed. ALSO, there is no option to roll the drivers back (the option is grayed out) because this is a new computer so therefore, there was no previous driver.

Does anyone have a solution here? Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @RzaG23,

Good Day and welcome to the HP forums! Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I reviewed the post about the notebook not holding having audio issues with an error “No Audio Output Device is Installed” I’ll be delighted to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly before posting the query on HP forums. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this

For better clarity and to assist you better I’ would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try with a headset?
  • Please provide the complete mode# of the unit.
  • Did you try playing different soundtracks?

For starters, please try this.

Please uninstall the audio drivers in device manager and check the box delete the software for this device also.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset  and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.

If it continues, to eliminate hardware failure please run component tests on the machine from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

• Please ensure to follow the option “Running the UEFI Component Tests” from the link.
  • Do ensure to run audio diagnostics. If any component fails, please make a note of the failure code that gets displayed.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RzaG23,

Good Day and welcome to the HP forums! Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I reviewed the post about the notebook not holding having audio issues with an error “No Audio Output Device is Installed” I’ll be delighted to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly before posting the query on HP forums. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this

For better clarity and to assist you better I’ would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try with a headset?
  • Please provide the complete mode# of the unit.
  • Did you try playing different soundtracks?

For starters, please try this.

Please uninstall the audio drivers in device manager and check the box delete the software for this device also.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset  and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.

If it continues, to eliminate hardware failure please run component tests on the machine from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

• Please ensure to follow the option “Running the UEFI Component Tests” from the link.
  • Do ensure to run audio diagnostics. If any component fails, please make a note of the failure code that gets displayed.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @RzaG23,

I thank you for your super quick response on accepting this as a solution. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and shared this platform with a customer who has supreme technical expertise. 🙂

I hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time,

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Try deleting the HP Audio Switch program. That fixed it for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.