Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G60 NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Windows 7 (updated to win 10 now) home premium 64 bit Product ID - 00359-OEM-8992687-00010
name :HP G60 NOTEBOOK PC PRODUCT NUMBER:VW887UA#ABC

After win 10 automatic update yesterday speaker (CONNEXANT PEBBLE HD SAMRT AUDIO 4.98.60.50) doesn't work. driver seems fine. only sound doesn't come out of speaker.

Any solutions? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LM04,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  A very good day to you.:) Hope you are doing great:) I reviewed the post about audio issues after a windows 10 upgrade. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Superb troubleshooting and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

It is a driver issue. So please try these steps.

Go to device manager. Select sound video and game controllers> uninstall the driver software and restart the computer. Then check again if the audio works fine.

If it does not, try with a headset to isolate hardware issues. If the headset works then the speakers are faulty and need to be replaced.

Try this Microsoft link also and perform the steps prescribed there.

Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-sound-for-conexant-pe...

If nothing works you will need to roll back windows to its previous build from this link to ensure that the sound works fine on the machine as drivers are not listed for this machine as it is an older computer and were not designed for windows 10.

Link to roll back windows: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-recover-a-previ...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LM04,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  A very good day to you.:) Hope you are doing great:) I reviewed the post about audio issues after a windows 10 upgrade. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Superb troubleshooting and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

It is a driver issue. So please try these steps.

Go to device manager. Select sound video and game controllers> uninstall the driver software and restart the computer. Then check again if the audio works fine.

If it does not, try with a headset to isolate hardware issues. If the headset works then the speakers are faulty and need to be replaced.

Try this Microsoft link also and perform the steps prescribed there.

Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-sound-for-conexant-pe...

If nothing works you will need to roll back windows to its previous build from this link to ensure that the sound works fine on the machine as drivers are not listed for this machine as it is an older computer and were not designed for windows 10.

Link to roll back windows: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-recover-a-previ...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks buddy. It helped

HP Recommended

Hi @LM04,

I am impressed with your troubleshooting skills and levels of technical expertise. I also happy for you that it helped.:)

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.