Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello I have an hp pavilion dv7 and the mute button has been stuck for awhile, I went on the website to download new drivers and for perhaps maybe 30 mins the mute button was unstuck however it went back to being stuck all of sudden. Help please :). My pavilion is the dv7-1245ca and is running on windows 7 64-bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's puzzling why the installer for the Audio driver failed, but try the following to see if it's any more successful.

From windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound , Video and Game Controllers.  Right click on the IDT audio device and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click Update Driver.  Select to check from the internet and see if another driver is found and installed.  If it is, restart and then check the function of the Mute button.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.  Then re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter and see if this helps the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hey I just tried this and no luck :(, thanks though

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the following 2 files and save them to your Desktop - name them so you know which is which.

QLB Installer

IDT Audio Installer

When the downloads have completed, right click the Audio installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook.  When windows has fully loaded, right click the QLB installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and see if your mute button works.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hey I tried this however when I did the audio installer and restarted and started up the computer it said the program isn't running properly, but I went ahead and tried the QLB to see if it would work, however it didn't and now my speaker icon at the bottom right beside the time now says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

HP Recommended

Hi,

From windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound , Video and Game Controllers.  Right click on the IDT audio device and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click 'Roll Back Driver'.  When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

woops sorry didnt mean to post as solution but ya i just rolled back and its back to normal, now what should I do?

HP Recommended

Hey forgot to mention now that my mute button isn't stuck anymore however no sound is coming out eventhough it says the audio device is plugged in again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's puzzling why the installer for the Audio driver failed, but try the following to see if it's any more successful.

From windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound , Video and Game Controllers.  Right click on the IDT audio device and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click Update Driver.  Select to check from the internet and see if another driver is found and installed.  If it is, restart and then check the function of the Mute button.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

It worked! I went and installed the new update and now it works perfectly! thank you very much 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.